Tamarind cumin hummus – enough said!
- Chickpeas, soaked overnight, rinsed and cooked – 1 cup (Keep the cooking liquid.)
- Cumin seeds, toasted – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, toasted – 3 to 4 tsp
- Rock salt – to taste (I used pink.)
- Tamarind pulp – 1 tsp (I covered a half inch piece of tamarind in hot water for 15 minutes, mashed it up and strained the liquid right into the blender.)
Add water to adjust consistency.
Like its other hummus brothers and sisters, this one may not look like much, but it tastes really great. Enjoy!